Scores: VCU 6, Saint Louis 1
Location: Richmond, Va. (Thalhimer Tennis Center)
Records: VCU 7-5, Saint Louis 4-4
The short story: In a complete team effort the Rams dominated Saint Louis Thursday afternoon at the Thalhimer Tennis Center. The Rams recorded the first point of the match on the doubles court, and would continue their success in singles play as well.
- Sophomores Arvid Noren and Philip Mobius won their doubles match. The pair defeated Saint Louis's John Nogalski and Charlie Parry, 6-2.
- Shortly after, seniors Daryl Monfils and Marten Jonsson defeated David Ferragut and Juan Calero 6-2 to put the Rams ahead 1-0. The duo is now 9-3 in doubles play this year.
- Jonsson added another tally for the Rams on the singles court. He holds a 10-6 singles record thus far.
- Freshman Javier Amantegui defeated Oscar Pachon in consecutive sets to put the Rams ahead 3-0. The rookie possesses a team-high 15 wins on the year.
- Noren also won his singles match. He is now 8-2 in duals play this season.
- With a 5-1 lead, Mobius finished strong and downed Paarth Dodhiawala in consecutive sets.
VCU 6 Saint Louis 1
1- Daryl Monfils/Marten Jonsson (VCU) def. David Ferragut/Juan Calero, 6-2
2- Arvid Noren/Philip Mobius (VCU) def. John Nogalski/Charlie Parry, 6-2
3- Javier Amantegui/Louis Ishizaka (VCU) vs. Justin Nogalski/Paarth Dodhiawala, 5-3 (no result)
Order of finish: 2, 1
1- David Ferragut (SLU) def. Daryl Monfils, 2-6, 6-3, 6-1
2- Marten Jonsson (VCU) def. Juan Calero, 6-0, 6-0
3- Ignacio Rivero Crespo (VCU) def. Charlie Parry, 6-2, 6-1
4- Arvid Noren (VCU) def. John Nogalski, 6-3, 6-1
5- Javier Amantegui (VCU) def. Oscar Pachon, 6-2, 6-2
6- Philip Mobius (VCU) def. Paarth Dodhiawala, 6-1, 6-2
Order of finish: 2, 5, 4, 3, 1, 6
The Rams are back in action Sunday, Feb. 26 when they host the Davidson Wildcats at Noon.