- Score: #41 Boise State 4, #37 VCU 2
- Records: VCU (10-5), Boise State (9-2)
- Tournament: Blue-Gray Tournament
- Location: Lagoon Park – Montgomery, Ala.
- The Short Story: Senior Alejandro Argente helped the VCU men's tennis grab early momentum in the Blue-Gray Championship match, but it wasn't enough as the Rams dropped a 4-2 decision to the Broncos of Boise State.
- VCU grabbed momentum early with upperclassmen Alexis Heugas and Nick Jones picking up a 6-2 win at the top doubles spot. Senior Alejandro Argente and freshman Jean Baptiste Mateo secured the doubles point for the Rams with a 6-5 win at the #3 doubles position, giving the Black & Gold a 1-0 lead.
- Argente quickly made it 2-0 in favor of the Rams with a decisive 6-3, 6-3 win over Boise's Garrett Patton at #4 singles.
- The Broncos turned it around on VCU quickly with four straight singles victories to secure their second straight Blue-Gray title.
1) #90 Andy Bettles (BSU) def. #73 Alexis Heugas, 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
2) Nathan Sereke (BSU) def. Nick Jones (VCU), 6-3, 6-4
3) Thomas Tenreiro (BSU) vs. Michal Vocsek (VCU), 3-6, 6-3, 4-4
4) #66 Alejandro Argente (VCU) def. Garrett Patton (BSU), 6-3, 6-3
5) Brendan McClain (BSU) def. Jean Baptiste Mateo (VCU), 6-3, 6-4
6) Brian Foley (BSU) def. Vuc Velickovic (VCU), 6-5 (3), 6-4
1) Heugas/Jones (VCU) def. McClain/Patton (BSU), 6-2
2) Bettles/Tenreiro (BSU) def. Vocsek/Pimentel (VCU), 6-2
3) Argente/Mateo (VCU) def. Mitchell/Sereke (BSU), 6-5
- The Rams return home on Friday afternoon when they host Binghamton University. First serve at Thalhimer Tennis Center is set for 2 p.m.