- Score: #32 N.C. State 4, #33 VCU 3
- Records: N.C. State (6-1), VCU (7-3)
- Location: J.W. Isenhour Tennis Center – Raleigh, N.C.
- The Short Story: Seniors Alexis Heugas and Alejandro Argente battled their way to three set wins, but it wasn't enough as the VCU men's tennis team dropped a tough 4-3 decision at N.C. State. Heguas, Argente and freshman Jean Baptiste-Mateo all recorded hard-fought, three set wins, but N.C. State was able to come away with a three-set win at the sixth singles spot for the decisive point.
- N.C. State took a 1-0 lead after winning the doubles point with a 8-7 (7-4) win at the top singles spot for the decisive doubles match.
- After the Wolfpack extended the lead to 2-0 with a win at #2 singles, Mateo got the Rams on the board with a 6-2, 0-6, 7-5 win over Sean Weber at #4 singles.
- Heugas followed with a 6-0, 5-7, 6-4 win over 50th-ranked Austin Powell at the top singles spot to even the score at 2-2.
- N.C. State regained the lead with a win at #5 singles, but Argente battled back to earn a 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 (7-3) win over 82nd-ranked Thomas Weigel to even the score at 3-3.
- Vuc Velickovic dropped the first set at #6 singles, but came back to win the second 6-2, but N.C. State's Simon Norenius was able to win the match with a 6-3 victory in the third and decisive set.
1. #78 Alexis Huegas (VCU) def. #50 Austin Powell (NCSU) 6-0, 5-7, 6-4
2. #76 Robbie Mudge (NCSU) def. Michal Voscek (VCU) 6-4, 6-1
3. Alejandro Argente (VCU) def. #82 Thomas Weigel (NCSU) 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 (7-3)
4. Jean Baptiste-Mateo (VCU) def. Sean Weber (NCSU) 6-2, 0-6, 7-5
5. #83 Nick Horton (NCSU) def. Wilder Pimentel (VCU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Simon Norenius (NCSU) def. Vuc Velickovic (VCU) 6-4, 2-6, 6-3
1. Robbie Mudge/Ian Dempster (NCSU) def. Alejandro Argente/Alexis Huegas (VCU) 8-7 (7-4)
2. #19 Nick Horton/Sean Weber (NCSU) def. Jean Baptiste-Mateo/Vuc Velickovic (VCU) 8-3
3. Michal Voscek/Wilder Pimentel (VCU) def. Austin Powell/Simon Norenius (NCSU) 8-3
- The Rams return to the court next Saturday when the host Middle Tennessee State. First serve at the Thalhimer Tennis Center is set for 2 p.m.