- Score: VCU 4, Butler 0
- Records: VCU (18-6), Butler (10-13)
- Location: Lindner Family Tennis Center- Mason, Ohio
- The Short Story: VCU got singles victories from three of its upperclassmen en route to a decisive 4-0 victory over ninth-seeded Butler in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Tournament. The Rams have now won six of their past eight matches.
How It Happened
- Senior Max Wennakoski and freshman Michal Voscek got things started for the Rams with an easy 8-2 win at #2 doubles, followed closely behind by senior Jaime Vazquez and junior Alejandro Argente's 8-4 victory at #3 doubles, which gave the Black & Gold an early 1-0 lead.
- Vazquez pushed it to 2-0 with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Butler's Billy Weldon at #5 singles. Argente was right behind his doubles partner with a 6-3, 6-1 win over Sam O'Neill at #3 singles.
- Wennakoski wrapped things up for VCU with a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Austin Woldmoe at #1 singles.
VCU 4, Butler 0
1. Max Wennakoski (VCU) d. Austin Woldmoe (BU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Alexis Heugas (VCU) vs. Pulok Bhattacharya (BU) 5-6 DNF
3. Alejandro Argente (VCU) d. Sam O'Neill (BU) 6-3, 6-1
4. Michal Voscek (VCU) vs. Tommy Marx (BU) 6-2, 5-0 DNF
5. Jaime Vazquez (VCU) d. Billy Weldon (BU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Pascal Domnik (VCU) vs. Brandon Woods (BU) 5-7, 2-3 DNF
Order of Finish: 5, 3, 1
Huegas/Claes Goransson (VCU) vs. Weldon/Woldmoe (BU) 7-4 DNF
Wennakoski/Voscek (VCU) d. Woods/Bhattacharya (BU) 8-2
Argente/Vazquez (VCU) d. O'Neill/Marx (BU) 8-4
Order of Finish: 2, 3