- Score: Nebraska 4, VCU 3
- Records: VCU (6-3), Nebraska (2-3)
- Location: NU Indoor Tennis Center - Lincoln, Neb.
- The Short Story: VCU grabbed a quick lead by taking the doubles point, but the Huskers battled back to win four of the six singles matches to upend the Rams, 4-3, on Sunday morning. Senior Max Wennakoski and freshman Michal Voscek were the two VCU players to pick up singles victories.
How It Happened:
- Wennakoski and Voscek started things off with an 8-5 win over Nebraska's Brandon Videtich and Scott Elsass at the second doubles spot. Junior Alexis Heugas and freshman Dylan McCloskey followed that up with an 8-6 win at the top doubles spot to secure the doubles point for the Black & Gold.
- After Nebraska evened the match with a singles victory, Wennakoski put momentum back in VCU's favor with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Eric Sock at the second singles position.
- Voscek brought VCU within a point of victory with a hard-fought, 6-4, 7-6 (9-7) win over Sebastian Florczyk at the fifth spot in the lineup.
- However, the Huskers bounced back with three singles victories, including two three-set wins that ended up giving Nebraska the 4-3 win.
Nebraska 4, VCU 3
1) Alexis Heugas/Dylan McCloskey (VCU) def. Andre Stenger/Marc Herrmann (NU), 8-6
2) Max Wennakoski/Michal Voscek (VCU) def. Brandon Videtich/Scott Elsass (NU), 8-5
3) #36 Alejandro Argente/Jamie Vazquez vs. Dusty Boyer/Bradford Zitsch (NU), DNF
1) Andre Stenger (NU) def. #67 Alexis Heugas, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2
2) #45 Max Wennakoski (VCU) def. Eric Sock, 6-3, 6-2
3) Marc Herrmann (NU) def. Alejandro Argente (VCU), 6-4, 6-3
4) Dusty Boyer (NU) def. Claes Goransson (VCU), 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (8-6)
5) Michal Voscek (VCU) def. Sebastian Florczyk, 6-4, 7-6 (9-7)
6) Tom Blackwell (NU) def. #113 Jamie Vazquez, 1-6, 6-4, 7-6 (8-6)