RAMS CRUISE PAST SOUTH FLORIDA, 6-1
RICHMOND, Va. — VCU showed their power when they disposed of the University of South Florida Bulls at Thalhimer Tennis Center Sunday afternoon.
The Rams started the day by sweeping all three doubles matches to go up 1-0 on the Bulls. Alejandro Argente and Jaime Vazquez showed their dominance when they defeated Ravi Patel and Sebastian Hagn 8-2 in the third position. Max Wennakoski and Filip Svensson won at the second position 8-6 while Alexis Heugas and Antoine Baroz took the victory 8-4 at the first position.
Success carried over into singles action where five Rams won in just two sets. Svensson took a 6-2, 6-1 victory in the third position and, not to be outdone, Argente swept his match 6-1, 6-2 at the fifth position.
Coming off their 14th win of the season, the Black & Gold will now take some time off before taking on conference foe Delaware on Saturday, March 24. Match play is set to begin at 2 p.m.
VCU 6, USF 1
- Alexis Heugas/Antoine Baroz (VCU) def. Yannick Yoshizawa/Oliver Pramming, 8-4
- Max Wennakoski/Filip Svensson (VCU) def. Wael Kilani/Federico Sabogal (USF), 8-6
- Alejandro Argente/Jaime Vazquez (VCU) def. Ravi Patel/Sebastian Hagn (USF), 8-2
- Max Wennakoski (VCU) def. Wael Kilani (USF) 6-2, 7-5
- Alexis Heugas (VCU) def. Yannick Yoshizawa (USF) 6-3, 6-4
- Filip Svensson (VCU) def. Federico Sabogal (USF) 6-2, 6-1
- Juan Carlos Acuna Gerard (USF) def. Antoine Baroz (VCU) 7-6, 6-3
- Alejandro Argente (VCU) def. Lucas Marin-Salcedo (USF) 6-1, 6-2
- Jaime Vazquez (VCU) def. Oliver Pramming (USF) 6-3, 6-0