Final Score: VCU 4, George Mason 0
Location: George Mason Stadium (Fairfax, Va.)
Records: VCU 7-4-0 4-1-0 A-10), George Mason 5-6-2 (0-4-1 A-10)
The Short Story: After a scoreless first half, the VCU Rams offense got the ball rolling in a big way as they scored four second half goals from four different players to defeat the George Mason Patriots by a final score of 4-0. VCU has now won six of its last seven matches.
- VCU outshot the Patriots 15-10 over the contest, putting up 12 in the second half alone.
- Rafael Andrade Santos is now tied with Luc Fatton for first on the team in points with 12 after scoring his fifth goal of the season.
- Francesco Amorosino is the third Ram to collect double-digit points this season, as he now has 11 on the season.
- Both Steven Dal Molin and Lyndsey Moreland each scored their first goals of the season in the win.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU came out firing taking the first shot of the game, but George Mason picked things up toward the end of the first half.
- At the half, the score remained 0-0 between the two sides. George Mason held a slight shot advantage at the time.
- Both sides came out firing in the second half, and the aggressiveness led to a VCU penalty kick in the 52nd minute.
- Santos would convert the penalty kick for his fifth goal of the season, making it 1-0 in favor if the Rams.
- The second goal would come in the 67th minute, as Dal Molin took a shot that went bar down and over the line for a 2-0 lead.
- In the 75th minute, Amorosino blasted a shot into the upper right 90 to give VCU the 3-0 lead.
- Just minutes later, Moreland made a run up the middle of the field and could not be stopped. He would slide a shot in for VCU's fourth gial of the game, wrapping up the scoring for the day.
VCU returns to the pitch this upcoming Saturday, Oct. 21 as the Black & Gold hit the road to Philadelphia to take on the Saint Joseph's Hawks. Opening kickoff for the matchup is slated for 7 p.m.