Score: VCU 85, St. Bonaventure 55
Location: St. Bonaventure, N.Y. (Reilly Center)
Records: VCU 17-6 (8-2 Atlantic 10), St. Bonaventure 9-14 (5-5)
The short story: Three Rams scored in double figures and VCU held St. Bonaventure to 26 percent shooting in a dominant Atlantic 10 Conference road win Saturday. VCU's win moved the Rams into a tie with Davidson atop the A-10 standings.
- Sophomore forwards Sean Mobley and Marcus Santos-Silva provided 12 and 11 points, respectively, for the Rams. Santos-Silva added six rebounds and blocked two shots
- Redshirt junior guard Marcus Evans added 10 points, handed out four assists and ripped six steals
- Twelve players scored a bucket for VCU Saturday. Senior forward Michael Gilmore supplied nine points and nine rebounds off the bench for the Black and Gold
- Courtney Stockard led all players with 15 points for St. Bonaventure
- VCU dominated nearly every facet of the game and stormed to a 20-4 lead to open the contest
- The Rams held the Bonnies to a .266 (17-of-64) mark from the field. SBU was 1-of-18 from beyond the 3-point arc
- VCU turned 14 St. Bonaventure turnovers into 20 points
- The Rams shot .508 (31-of-61) from the field
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- VCU's 30-point win was its largest margin of victory since a 90-52 victory over La Salle on Jan. 22, 2017
- Evans' six steals are the most by a Ram this season
VCU will host rival Richmond on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. at the E.J. Wade Arena at the Stuart C. Siegelds Center.