Score: VCU 68, Massachusetts 50
Location: Richmond, Va. (E.J. Wade Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center)
Records: VCU 13-5 (4-1 Atlantic 10), UMass 7-11 (0-5 Atlantic 10)
Attendance: 7,637 (128th consecutive sellout)
- Vann scored 16 points on 6-of-12 shooting and added five rebounds for the Rams
- Meanwhile, Jenkins scored a game-high 17 points on 5-of-7 from the floor, including 4-of-4 from 3-point range. Jenkins added seven rebounds, two steals and two assists.
- Redshirt sophomore Corey Douglas added four points, six rebounds and a pair of blocked shots off the bench for the Black and Gold.
- Luwane Pipkins scored a team-high 14 points for UMass, but was held to just 3-of-15 from the field and 2-of-7 from 3-point range.
- The Minutemen shot 29.3 percent from the field and just 23.8 percent from deep. The Rams shot 45.2 percent and 46.2 percent from three.
- VCU outscored UMass 14-6 in fast break points and 15-7 in points off turnovers.
- The Rams led for 32:45 of the contest while the Minutemen led just 2:40. UMass never led by more than two points and their last lead came with 9:24 left in the first half.
- Overall, VCU outscored UMass 36-22 in the second half.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The 50 points were the fewest allowed this season by VCU.
- It marked the third time this season the Rams have held an opponent to under 30 percent shooting from the field.
- In a physical game, VCU and UMass were whistled for a combined 50 fouls.
VCU travels to Rhode Island on Jan. 23 for a 7 p.m. tipoff. The game will be broadcast nationally on CBS Sports Network.