Score: VCU 83, Fordham 58
Location: Bronx, N.Y. (Rose Hill Gymnasium)
Records: VCU 17-14 (9-9 A-10), Fordham 9-21 (4-14)
The short story: Senior forward Justin Tillman bagged his 16th double-double of the season and freshman forward Sean Mobley added a career-high 16 points as VCU thumped Fordham to close the regular season.
- Tillman scored 12 of his 18 points in the second half as VCU pulled away. He was 9-of-15 from the field and corralled 13 rebounds.
- Mobley helped push VCU to an 11-point halftime lead with 10 points. He knocked down 4-of-6 from beyond the 3-point arc and handed out three assists in 19 minutes.
- Sophomore guard De'Riante Jenkins added 14 points for VCU, while redshirt sophomore guard Issac Vann provided nine points and nine rebounds.
- Joseph Chartouny led Fordham with 16 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
- VCU shot a season-high 57 percent (31-of-54) from the field, including 55 percent (12-of-22) from 3-point range.
- The Black and Gold owned a 33-25 advantage on the glass and outscored Fordham 32-26 in the paint.
- Fordham shot 39 percent (20-of-51) from the field, including 19 percent (4-of-21) from beyond the 3-point arc.
- Tillman produced a double-double in 15 of 18 conference games this season. He has recorded a double-double in 26 of his last 36 A-10 regular season contests the past two seasons.
- VCU is 8-1 all-time against Fordham.
- Mobley's 16-point effort was his second double-figure scoring contest of the year.
VCU will be the No. 8 seed in the upcoming Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament. The Rams will face No. 9 Dayton on Thursday, March 8, at noon at Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C.