Score: VCU 84, George Mason 76
Location: Fairfax, Va. (EagleBank Arena)
Records: VCU 14-8 (6-3 Atlantic 10) George Mason 9-12 (3-5)
- Lane erupted for a season-high 25 points and 12 rebounds. The fifth-year transfer from Longwood connected on 11-of-13 attempts from the field for the Rams.
- Tillman continued his recent outstanding play, supplying 18 points, 11 rebounds and two blocked shots. He was 7-of-14 from the floor.
- Sophomore De'Riante Jenkins added 15 points for VCU, while senior guard Johnny Williams contributed 10 points, six assists and a pair of steals.
- Otis Livingston II led George Mason with 23 points.
- VCU owned the glass Saturday. The Rams outrebounded the Patriots 50-27, including a 22-7 difference in offensive rebounds. That led to a 25-4 VCU advantage in second chance points.
- The Rams held the Patriots to just 4-of-20 shooting from beyond the 3-point arc.
- A Tillman turnaround kicked off a 10-1 VCU burst that gave the Rams a 16-8 lead with 12:50 left in the first half. The Rams would not trail again.
- The VCU lead was 12 at the half and would grow to as many as 17 following a sequence in which freshman forward Sean Mobley bookended a Tillman layup with a 3-pointer and a pair of free throws with 16:48 remaining.
- Tillman and Lane are the first VCU teammates to record double-doubles in the same game since Tillman and Samir Doughty did so on Feb. 14, 2017 against Saint Joseph's.
- Tillman's double-double was his 11th of the season, which matches his total from all of last year, and the 27th of his career.
- Lane's double-double was his first as a Ram, but the 10th of his career.
- The Rams improved to 39-19 all-time against George Mason. The Rams have won four straight and 10 of 11 in the series.
- Tillman moved past Treveon Graham and into fifth place on VCU's list for career rebounds with 808.
The Rams will take on 24th-ranked Rhode Island on Friday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. at the E.J. Wade Arena at the Siegel Center. That game will be televised on ESPN2.