Score: VCU 81, Binghamton 42
Location: Richmond, Va. (E.J. Wade Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center)
Records: VCU 3-0, Binghamton 2-2
Attendance: 7,637 (85th consecutive sellout)
- Jenkins, who did not score in either of the Rams' first two games this year, dropped 14 points on 4-of-6 shooting, including 2-of-3 from 3-point range, to lead all scorers. He also hauled in 10 rebounds, handed out two assists and recorded a steal and a block in 24 minutes.
- VCU freshmen Jenkins, Samir Doughty, Malik Crowfield and Marquell Fraser accounted for 33 points Friday. Doughty recorded his second double-digit game in three contests this season with 10 points.
- Four Rams topped double figures, including senior JeQuan Lewis, who knocked down 4-of-5 from beyond the arc and finished with 12 points. Junior Jonathan Williams added 8 points, 5 assists and 2 steals for VCU.
- Fard Muhammad led the Bearcats with 10 points.
- Jenkins scored six points during a 16-0 blitz over a seven-minute stretch midway through the first half that provided the Rams with a 20-6 lead.
- VCU began to pour it on a short time later. Lewis canned back-to-back 3-pointers and senior Doug Brooks followed with one of his own during an 11-0 burst that pushed the Rams to a 35-14 advantage with 37 seconds left in the half. The game was never close again.
- The Rams shot .564 (31-of-55) from the field, including .550 (11-of-20) from 3-point range. VCU shot .607 (17-of-28) in the second half alone.
- VCU outscored Binghamton 41-22 in the paint and 22-6 off turnovers.
- Binghamton's 42 points were the fewest by a VCU opponent since the Rams beat Towson 67-42 on Jan. 25, 2012.
- VCU's 39-point margin of victory was its largest since a 106-66 rout of Maryland-Eastern Shore on Nov. 20, 2014.
- The Rams' 11 three-pointers are a season-high.
- VCU has outscored its opponents 119-68 in the paint this year.
VCU will gear up for the Battle 4 Atlantis Nov. 23-25 at Paradise Island, Bahamas. The Rams will meet Baylor on Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 2:30 p.m. in a game that will be televised by ESPN2.