|High School:||Great Bridge|
|BRIANTE WEBER - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||GP-GS||Min. ||FG-FGA ||Pct. ||3FG-ATT ||Pct. ||FT-FTA ||Pct. ||Off-Def-Tot ||Avg. ||PF-FO ||Ast. ||TO ||Blk. ||Stl. ||Pts.-Avg.|
· By far the loudest and most energetic player on the team
· Set a program record with a recorded vertical leap of 45 ½ inches
· Jay Bilas listed Weber as one of the top defenders in the country entering the 2012-13 season
· Ideal fit for the HAVOC style of play
AS A SOPHOMORE (2012-13):
· Weber appeared in all 36 games for the Rams, and averaged 20.9 minutes per game.
· He averaged 5.4 ponts, 2.8 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.7 rebounds per game
· Weber broke a 28-year-old school record for steals in a single season with 98, and once again led the country in steal percentage (7.61). It was the highest steal percentage ever recorded by Ken Pomeroy, whose stasts date back to 1999.
· Weber and teammate Darius Theus combined for 183 steals on the year, which was more than 81 Division I teams.
· Recorded a steal in 32 of the 36 games, with his high coming against Florida Gulf Coast (10).
· Scored in double figures 6 times, with his high coming against Winthrop (14).
· Tallied one double-double (13 points and 10 steals)
· Dished four or more assists 9 times, with his high coming against Old Dominion (10). His assist to turnover ratio was 2.4/1.
AS A FRESHMAN (2011-12):
· Weber appeared in all 36 games for the Rams and played more minutes than any freshman on the team (18.7 mpg).
· He averaged 4.9 points and 2.9 rebounds and recorded 2.1 steals per game.
· Recorded a steal in seven percent of defensive possessions when he was on the floor, the highest rate in the country. That’s the highest mark for any player since 2002-03.
· Led the conference in steals per game at 2.1, which translates to nearly five steals per 40 minutes of action.
· His 77 steals are the second-highest total posted in a single season by a Ram. Only Rolando Lamb’s 88 thefts in 1984-85 rank higher.
· Weber and Darius Theus combined for 148 steals last season, the highest total for any set of teammates in the country.
· Tallied a steal in 33 of the 36 games last season.
· Scored in double-figures on four occassions, including a career-high 13 points in a road victory at Western Kentucky (11/23).
· Dished out four or more assists six times in 2011-12.
Getting to Know Briante
Son of LaSandra and Ricky Wingate
Majoring in Computer Science
Born on December 29, 1992
PRIOR TO VCU:
· Named the All-Southeastern District Defensive Player of the Year during his junior and senior seasons at Great Bridge High School.
· During his senior year at Great Bridge, Weber averaged 17 points, eight rebounds, five assists and four steals per game.
· Three-star prospect who drew recruiting interest from Virginia, Virginia Tech, Creighton and Old Dominion.