Tournament: Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate
Location: Jonesborough, Tenn.
Course Info: Par 72, 7,147 Yards
VCU finish: 12th of 14 (+5)
Top Ram: Sachin Kumar T22nd (-3)
The short story: Sophomore Sachin Kumar fired a first-round 69 and placed 22nd overall to lead VCU against a tough field at the Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate.
- Kumar shot 69-72-72 over the weekend to lead the way for VCU. It's the second time in three fall events he's been the Rams' top finisher
- VCU shot 284 in Friday's opening round, the Rams' second-best score of the fall, and shot 5-over (284-293-292=869) for the weekend
- The Rams placed 12th in a field that included four teams ranked in Golfweek's top 50. Host East Tennessee State (-32) claimed the team crown, while No. 46 Louisville (-31), No. 11 Tennessee (-29), No. 17 Kent State (-25) and Virginia Tech (-19) rounded out the top five
- In his first action of the fall, sophomore Kristian Tannum Donaldson shot 70-70-76 to finish 4-over in 36th place for VCU
- Freshmen Adrian Vagberg (T-58th) and Cam Barackman (T-71st), as well as junior Alston Newsom (74th) rounded out the VCU lineup
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Kumar was among the tournament leaders in par 4 scoring. He averaged 3.90 strokes and was 3-under in the tournament in those opportunities
- Vagberg carded a team-high 38 pars, while Tannum Donaldson recorded 36
- Kumar also led the team with 12 birdies over the weekend
VCU will conclude its fall season Oct. 27-28 at the Grandover Intercollegiate at Grandover Resort in Greensboro, N.C.