|High School:||Lakewood Ranch|
Just the facts
Full name: Amarpreet Singh Khara
Born: Feb. 20, 1992
Birthplace: Lexington, Ky.
Parents: Jaswinder and Surinder Khara
Major: Business administration
High School Coach: Dave Frantz
Honors and Awards
- 2013 All-Atlantic 10 Team
- Won third consecutive Bill Jarrett Ford Golf Tournament at River Greens (Fla.) Golf Club. Khara carded back-to-back rounds of 65 and 67 for a six-stroke win.65-67-132 for a six-shot victoryBill Jarrett Ford Golf Tournament on a stormy Sunday at River Greens Golf Club - See more at: http://highlandstoday.com/hi/sports/khara-earns-hat-trick-at-jarrett-20130702/#sthash.CYNALDhI.dpufBill Jarrett Ford Golf Tournament on a stormy Sunday at River Greens Golf Club - See more at: http://highlandstoday.com/hi/sports/khara-earns-hat-trick-at-jarrett-20130702/#sthash.CYNALDhI.dpuf
- Named All-Atlantic 10 after shooting 69-73-71=213 at the A-10 Championships to place fifth overall and lead the Rams to a second place finish.
- His 3-under 69 round to open the A-10 Championships was a season-best.
- Was the Rams' top finisher at UNC Greensboro's Bridgestone Golf Collegiate, shooting 74-73-73=220 to take 15th.
- Recorded a pair of top-15 finishes, including a 14th-place showing (68-73-71=212) at the Irish Creek Intercollegiate.
- Fired a VCU career-best 68 during the first round of the Irish Creek Intercollegiate (March 31).
- Won all three of his pairings at The Match Play at Reunion Resort in Orlando, Fla. (Feb. 13-14).
- Saved best performance of the season for the last weekend of the year, placing second (74-71-72=217) at CAA Championships April 22-24 at Pinehurst No. 8.
- Started 10 of 11 tournaments as a freshman and posted a 75.47 stroke average.
- Fired a low round of 71 on two occassions.
- Won Florida State team championship as a freshman at Bradenton Prep in 2007.
- Was also state runner-up as a sophomore.
- Captured district and regional championships during his junior season.
- Recorded lowest nine-hole score (31) in Lakewood Ranch High School history during junior year.
- Won AJGA Myokoba Classic in Cancun, Mexico in 2009.
- Collected back-to-back titles at Bagwell Junior Invitational in 2008 and 2009.
- 2010 Manatee County Player of the Year and Sarasota Golfer of the Year.
- Won the Future Collegians World Tour, Eastern Division, overall title and placed in the top 10 in all eight of the tour’s stops.
- Qualified for the Florida State Amateur and made the cut in both 2008 and 2010.
- Began playing golf when he was five years old.
- Sank a hole-in-one on April 7, 2007 at Shingle Creek in Orlando, Fla. during a Florida Junior Tournament.
- Also considered the University of Michigan.
|ROCKY KHARA - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year || Starts || Rounds || Strokes || Average || Low Rd. || Wins || Top 5 ||Top 15|
|2010-11||10 ||30 ||2,264 ||75.47 ||71 ||0 ||1 ||1|
|Totals||30 ||91 ||6,860||75.39 ||68 ||0 ||2 ||6|