Score: VCU 3, Saint Louis 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (13-5, 6-2 A-10), Saint Louis (4-12, 0-8 A-10)
Short Story: Emily McNamara scored two goals and added an assist as she broke VCU's single-season record for goals scored that was previously held by Carlot Verlop. Verlop scored 20 goals during the 2004 season. Spencer Tossone also moved into sole possession of second place in career assists during the game.
- McNamara had two goals and an assist with three shots on goal.
- Spencer Tossone scored a goal and added two assists. She now sits in sole possession of second all-time in VCU history with 26 career assists.
- Natalie Bohmke also added an assist in the victory.
- VCU outshot Saint Louis 17-1 overall and 8-1 in shots on goal.
- Kownurko made only one save and to record her fifth shutout of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU held a majority of the chances early in the game and broke the deadlock in the 28th minute as Tossone scored after an assist from McNamara.
- The Rams took a 2-0 lead just 1:45 later as McNamara scored her first goal of the game on a Tossone assist.
- The Rams held a 2-0 advantage at halftime.
- VCU scored the final goal of the game in the 43rd minute as McNamara broke the record off a penalty corner with an insert from Tossone and a stick stop from Bohmke.
VCU will end the regular season with Senior Day and a non-conference match against Longwood at 2 p.m. on Oct. 29.