Oct 13, 2017
Score: VCU 4, Davidson 2
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (10-4, 3-2 A-10), Davidson (0-13, 0-6 A-10)
- McNamara added two goals and moved into sole possession of second place on VCU's all-time career scoring list. She also had a game-high six shots with four attempts on goal.
- Mays scored the first goal of her career in the win.
- Maite Sturm also added a goal.
- Spencer Tossone and Natalie Bohmke added an assist on McNamara's first goal off a penalty corner.
- Chessa Kownurko made four saves.
- Davidson outshot VCU 15-13 overall but the Rams held a 9-6 advantage in shots on goal.
- Hannah Fisher and Lauren Gampper each scored a goal for Davidson.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU scored early as McNamara capitalized off Bohmke's stick-stop and Tossone's insert in the sixth minute to make it 1-0.
- Davidson tied the game 1-1 in the 22nd minute as Fisher scored.
- VCU got two goals, one from McNamara and one from Mays, in just a 4:26 span to give the Rams a 3-1 lead at halftime.
- VCU would make it 4-1 in the 42nd minute as Sturm followed up a shot and tapped in the rebound.
- Davidson scored in the 50th minute off a penalty corner to cut the deficit to 4-2 but VCU held off the Wildcats for the remainder of the contest.
VCU will host No. 5 North Carolina on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Cary Street Field.