Score: VCU 3, Towson 0
Location: Towson, Md. (Johnny Unitas Stadium)
Records: VCU (9-4, 2-2 A-10), Towson (1-13, 0-3 CAA)
Short Story: VCU scored all three of its goals in the first 17 minutes and cruised to a road victory over the Tigers as its defense held Towson to only one shot on goal.
- Spencer Tossone scored two goals on four shot attempts.
- Emily McNamara scored a goal and added an assist. She recorded a game-high nine shots including six on frame.
- Jessica Mays added an assist.
- VCU outshot the Tigers 15-3 overall.
- Chessa Kownurko made one save and recorded her third shutout of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams jumped in front in the sixth minute as Mays pass found Tossone and she scored to make it 1-0.
- Tossone added a second goal just six minutes later as she took a pass from McNamara and shot from the left hand side bounced off a defender and went in.
- VCU made it 3-0 in the 17th minute as McNamara collected a rebound and beat the goalkeeper.
- The Rams limited the Tigers to two total shots in the first half and none on frame.
- VCU held Towson to just one total shot in the second half, its lone shot on goal for the game.
VCU will host Davidson at 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 13 at Cary Street Field.