Score: VCU 2, Central Michigan 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU 8-1 (2-0 A-10), Central Michigan 0-9 (0-1 MAC)
Short Story: The Rams dominated possession and built a 1-0 lead midway through the first half that wouldn't be relinquished. VCU doubled its lead to 2-0 early in the second half and held on for its second shutout of the season. The victory also pushed VCU's current win streak to six games.
- Spencer Tossone scored a goal on her only shot of the game.
- Lauren Kaup scored her first goal of the season and recorded five shots on the day including three on goal.
- Emily McNamara recorded one assist.
- Natalie Bohmke recorded an assist and helped limit the Chippewas offensively to three shots for the game.
- VCU outshot Central Michigan 23-3 for the game including 15-2 in shots on goal.
- Chessa Kownurko earned the shutout and made two saves on the only two shots on goal she faced.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McNamara recorded the first shot on goal in the 13th minute and forced a save.
- Spencer Tossone opened the scoring in the 19th minute after a penalty corner found Emily McNamara's stick, she fed a pass to the back post to an open Tossone who tapped the ball in for a 1-0 lead.
- McNamara forced another save in the 23rd minute off a Tossone penalty corner.
- Maite Sturm had a shot saved in the 34th minute as VCU held a 1-0 lead at halftime.
- Kaup had a shot saved in the 44th minute before the defense attempted to clear the ball. Bohmke was able to posses it and feed the ball back to Kaup who scored to make it 2-0.
- The Rams forced three saves in a 30 second span in the 47th minute as Sturm and McNamara were unable to find the back of the net.
- Central Michigan did not record a shot in the second half.
VCU hosts Saint Joseph's at 3 p.m. on Sept. 29 at Cary Street Field.