- Score: Lock Haven 3, VCU 0
- Records: Lock Haven (13-4), VCU (8-8)
- Location: Charlotte E. Smith Field – Lock Haven, Pa.
- The Short Story: Two second-half goals helped finish off the VCU Field Hockey team, who fell 3-0 on the road to Atlantic 10 foe, Lock Haven. The Rams ripped off a total of 10 shots, six on goal, but were unable to get anything by Elaina White.
How It Happened
- Lock Haven came out firing right away with seven shots in the first 10 minutes of the game, including a goal by Taylor Kennedy with 9:45 on the first-half clock. Kennedy slid one past VCU keeper Megan Botteri off a corner to give the Eagles a 1-0 cushion.
- The Rams' best chance came in the 25th minute when Kendall Farino, Erika Bienlien and Kelsey Powell all fired shots at the cage, but all were turned away as the game remained 1-0 at the break.
- Seventeen minutes into the second half, Colleen McCabe made it 2-0 when she put home a pass from Nakira Downes.
- Less than seven minutes later, Steph Ebersole gave LHU one final insurance goal, taking a pass from Kelly Harsh and finding the back of the cage to finish the scoring on the day.
- "As a team, we didn't play well today. To play that way at this stage of the season where every game is so important is disappointing. Lock Haven played well and took advantage of the opportunities they had. We need to bounce back on Sunday against UMass and get back to playing good hockey." - Head Coach Laura Baker
- The Rams make the long trip to UMass to take on the 12th-ranked Minutewomen. Game time on Sunday is set for 12 p.m.