September 18, 2013
RAMS FALL ON THE ROAD AT JMU, 4-0
- Score: James Madison 4, VCU 0
- Records: JMU (4-3), VCU (2-4)
- Location: University Park – Harrisonburg, Va.
- The Short Story: Three second-half goals by JMU sent the VCU Field Hockey team to a tough 4-0 road loss in Harrisonburg on Wednesday night. The Rams were unable to get anything going offensively, tallying two shots on the night.
How It Happened
- JMU came out firing from the start, taking an early 1-0 lead when Taylor West scored in the fifth minute of the contest.
- Redshirt senior Megan Botteri returned to the lineup after missing two games with a concussion and made four first-half saves to keep the Rams in the game, down just 1-0 at halftime.
- The Dukes would continue their offensive attack after the break, finding the back of the cage twice in the first 10 minutes of the second stanza to push their lead to 3-1.
- West finished off her hat trick in the 52nd minute to conclude the scoring for the night and wrap up the Dukes' 4-0 victory.
- "Tonight was a step backwards for us. JMU played very well and took their chances. We need to use this as a learning experience. We'll regroup and prepare for a tough game on Sunday as we welcome UNC to VCU." – Head Coach Laura Baker
- The Rams return to the turf at Cary Street Field on Sunday afternoon to host top-ranked North Carolina. Game time is set for 1 p.m.