25 Vimael Machin
|Hometown:||San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico|
|High School:||Puerto Rico Baseball Academy|
|VIMAEL MACHIN - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||GP-GS||Avg. ||AB ||R ||H ||2B ||3B ||HR ||RBI ||TB ||SLG. % ||BB ||HBP ||SO ||SB-ATT ||FLD. %|
|223||31||65||13||1||2||27||86||.386||21 ||1 ||29 ||1-3||.943|
- Highly talented athlete who has been a mainstay at the shortstop position
- Has developed into a patient hitter, while still hitting for extra bases
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Named second team Atlantic 10 at the short stop slot.
- Finished the with the second most RBI in the conference (52) behind teammate Bill Cullen.
- Racked up 12 multiple RBI games, with a quartet of four RBI games.
- Pieced together a 12-game hitting streak, tied for the longest on the team.
- Led the team with a .421 on-base percentage and eight sacrifice flies.
- Opened the season with a 2-for-4 day against Radford, driving in three runs.
- Recorded two four-RBI days in the span of four games, against UNCW (March 9) and Virginia Tech (March 12).
- Made 45 starts at shortstop, before an injury ended his season on May 5. He had made 104 consecutive starts prior to the injury.
- Finished the season with .269 average with eight doubles, a triple, four homeruns and 30 RBIs.
- Went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI against Elon on Feb. 17.
- Recorded 13 multi-hit games in 2013.
- Drove in five runs, including a grand-slam homerun in a 2-for-4 day against the Citadel on March 2.
- Went 1-for-3 with a three-run homerun versus Pittsburgh on March 3.
- Hit his second grand-slam homerun of the season against Dayton on April 19.
- Recorded a season-high three hits against Dayton on April 20, going 3-for-5 with a double and two RBIs.
- Named to CAA Rookie Team
- Played and started in all 59 games
- Batted .291 with 13 doubles, one triple, two home runs and 27 RBI
- Posted a .943 fielding percentage on 67 putouts, 183 assists and 15 errors
- Hit his first career home run at Richmond (3/21)
- Product of Puerto Rico's Baseball Academy High School
- Drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 29th round of the 2011 Amateur Draft
- Posted a .380 batting average in Puerto Rico's Palomino League
- Machin's Gurabo Team won the 2010 Colt League World Series