4 Joey Cujas
|JOEY CUJAS - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||GP-GS||Avg. ||AB ||R ||H ||2B ||3B ||HR ||RBI ||TB ||SLG. % ||BB ||HBP ||SO ||SB-ATT ||FLD. %|
|223||43||87||21||2||3||49||121||.543||27 ||13 ||16 ||2-4||.963|
- A mainstay in the Rams lineup that fields his position at the hot corner extremely well
- Contributes strongly to the middle part of the Rams lineup
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Finished his career scattered throughout the VCU career record books. The corner infielder finished second in hits (294), tied for sixth in games played (222), third in doubles (58) and seventh in RBI (162).
- In the first game of the season the senior scored three runs in a win over Radford.
- Recorded two multiple hit games in the Atlantic 10 Tournament, both times against regular season champion Saint Louis.
- Collected seven hits in a three-game road set at Massachusetts from May 9-11.
- Started the season with a six-game hitting streak.
- Went 3-for-6 at Virginia Tech on March, that day Cujas roped a career high three doubles
- Started and play in all but one of VCU's games in 2013.
- Named to the Atlantic 10 All-Academic team.
- Finshed the season, leading the Rams and average (.333), hits (70) doubles (16), RBIs (40) and total bases (91).
- Collected the first RBI of the 2013 college baseball season with an RBI groundout in the first inning against Boston College on Feb. 15.
- Had 20 multi-hit games in 2013, including seven games with three or more.
- Went 3-for-4 with two doubles and two RBIs against UNC Asheville on March 1.
- Tallied four hits in a 4-for-4 day against Rutgers on March 19.
- Drove in four RBIs in a 3-for-5 day against VMI on April 7.
- Had a season-high five hits, going 5-for-6 against with a RBI against VMI on April 16.
- Went 2-for-5 with the game-winning homerun against Old Dominion on April 23 in the Paul Keyes Strikeout Cancer Classic.
- Garnered first-team All CAA honors
- Played and started in all 59 games
- Batted .390, with 21 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 49 RBI
- Roped a season-high four hits at Long Beach State (2/18)
- Named to All-CAA Rookie Team
- Played and started in all 53 games
- Hit .321, roped two home runs and drove in 41 RBI
- Finished the season with 115 assists and 34 putouts
- Graduated from nearby Manchester High School
- Was a three sport athlete for the Lancers, playing football, basketball and baseball
- Helped lead Manchester to back-to-back regular season Dominion District championships his junior and senior seasons
- After his junior campaign, was named First Team All-District, All-Region, and All-State
- Set Manchester’s single season record for home runs (13) as a senior, while also setting the school’s career mark (23)
- Following his senior season, was named First Team All-District and All-Region, while picking up Second Team All-State honors
- Played summer ball for American Legion Post 137
- High School teammates of VCU freshmen Chris Ayers and Ryan Morrison
- Son of David and Suzanne Cujas
- Born Oct. 24, 1991
- Majoring in Business Management at VCU
- Has an older bother David (20) and younger sister Chrissy (13)