40 JoJo Howie
|High School:||Everett CC|
|JOJO HOWIE - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||ERA||W-L ||APP. ||GS ||CG ||SHO ||SV ||IP ||H ||R ||ER ||BB ||SO ||OPP AVG. ||WP ||HBP|
|3.15||7-3||15||15||4||0/0||0||100.0||98||41||35||26 ||78 ||.261 ||7||9|
- Crafty left-handed pitcher who eats up innings for the Rams as a weekend starter
- One of two Rams in 2014 to call their own game
- Has muscular dystrophy, but it has not hindered the lefty from developing into a top end of the rotation arm
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Howie featured in the Richmond Times-Dispatch: VCU's Howie Handles it all.
- Recorded a team-best 100.0 innings pitched and four complete games on the hill for VCU.
- Made his first start as a Ram on Feb. 16 against ACC foe Georgia Tech.
- Earned his first career win on March 2, when the Rams knocked off Temple 14-5. That day Howie went 5.0 innings, allowing one run and striking out eight.
- On March 9, Howie went the distance against UNCW striking out nine Seahawks in a 4-2 road win.
- Threw his second complete game in the Rams 5-1 win over Saint Joseph's on April 6, allowing just five gits while striking out five.
- Recorded back-to-back complete games against Rhode Island and George Washington. In those games Howie allowed three earned runs and struckout 11 batters.
PRIOR TO VCU
EVERETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Helped Everett to the NWAACC Championship in 2013
- Racked up 80 innings in 2012 with a 5-2 record, a 1.91 ERA and 69 strikeouts
- Posted a 9-1 record in his second season with a 1.99 ERA
- Played summer ball with the Everett Merchants in 2012 and 2013
- Compiled an 8-0 record for the Merchants and helped the club with the PIL title in 2013
- Played four years of baseball at Bellevue Christian
- Helped the Vikings to four consecutive Emerald City League (ECL) Championships and finished fourth in the state his senior season
- A three-time All-Conference honoree earning a first-team nod his final two seasons.
- Named ECL Player of the Year and was named first-team All-State following his senior year where Howie batted .494, hit eight home runs and held a slugging percentage of .979
- Son of John and Debbie Howie
- Born May 31, 1993
- Majoring in sociology at VCU