4 Joey Cujas
|JOEY CUJAS - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||GP-GS||Avg. ||AB ||R ||H ||2B ||3B ||HR ||RBI ||TB ||SLG. % ||BB ||HBP ||SO ||SB-ATT ||FLD. %|
|223||43||87||21||2||3||49||121||.543||27 ||13 ||16 ||2-4||.963|
- A mainstay in the Rams lineup that fields his position at the hot corner extremely well
- Contributes strongly to the middle part of the Rams lineup
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Started and play in all but one of VCU's games in 2013.
- Named to the Atlantic 10 All-Academic team.
- Finshed the season, leading the Rams and average (.333), hits (70) doubles (16), RBIs (40) and total bases (91).
- Collected the first RBI of the 2013 college baseball season with an RBI groundout in the first inning against Boston College on Feb. 15.
- Had 20 multi-hit games in 2013, including seven games with three or more.
- Went 3-for-4 with two doubles and two RBIs against UNC Asheville on March 1.
- Tallied four hits in a 4-for-4 day against Rutgers on March 19.
- Drove in four RBIs in a 3-for-5 day against VMI on April 7.
- Had a season-high five hits, going 5-for-6 against with a RBI against VMI on April 16.
- Went 2-for-5 with the game-winning homerun against Old Dominion on April 23 in the Paul Keyes Strikeout Cancer Classic.
- Garnered first-team All CAA honors
- Played and started in all 59 games
- Batted .390, with 21 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 49 RBI
- Roped a season-high four hits at Long Beach State (2/18)
- Named to All-CAA Rookie Team
- Played and started in all 53 games
- Hit .321, roped two home runs and drove in 41 RBI
- Finished the season with 115 assists and 34 putouts
- Graduated from nearby Manchester High School
- Was a three sport athlete for the Lancers, playing football, basketball and baseball
- Helped lead Manchester to back-to-back regular season Dominion District championships his junior and senior seasons
- After his junior campaign, was named First Team All-District, All-Region, and All-State
- Set Manchester’s single season record for home runs (13) as a senior, while also setting the school’s career mark (23)
- Following his senior season, was named First Team All-District and All-Region, while picking up Second Team All-State honors
- Played summer ball for American Legion Post 137
- High School teammates of VCU freshmen Chris Ayers and Ryan Morrison
- Son of David and Suzanne Cujas
- Born Oct. 24, 1991
- Majoring in Business Management at VCU
- Has an older bother David (20) and younger sister Chrissy (13)