Position: Sports Performance Intern
Hours: 10– 15 hours/week
Start Date: July 1
End Date: August 12
Applications Accepted: May 1 - May 31
Reports To: Ryan Metzger, Assistant Sports Performance Coach
- Desire to pursue a career in sports performance.
- Dependable and professional.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Practical knowledge and experience with strength training.
- Practical knowledge and experience with energy systems training.
- Previous experience in formal exercise instruction.
- Currently pursuing or interest in pursuing a degree in exercise science or other related field.
- Currently holding or interest in pursuing CSCS or SCCC Certification.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a sports performance program.
- Assist in all areas related to the maintenance of a strength and conditioning facility.
- Completion of the VCU Sports Performance curriculum including: classroom discussions, readings, written assignments, practical demonstrations, and special projects.
- Implementation of technologies relevant to sports performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Email resume, cover letter, and completed application to: email@example.com. Please use Athletics Summer Internship in the subject line. It is preferred that all materials are attached as ONE pdf file. Click HERE to download application (.pdf).